[vtkusers] Problem with Volume rendering inside Qt application. ​​

Kim Rosenbohm kim.rosenbohm at posteo.de
Wed Aug 13 03:54:32 EDT 2014

 Hi.

I use QVTKWdget2, but in QVTKWidget you should be able to call
"update()" to update the Qt widget / view too...

Best Regards,

Kim

Am
12.08.2014 20:18 schrieb Sankhesh Jhaveri:

> Hi JL,
>
> It doesn't
matter whether you setup the VTK pipeline first or the Qt UI.
> All you
need to do while creating the pipeline is to not provide the data to the
mapper. Once you load the file/data, you can set that as the input data
to the mapper and call Render on the RenderWindow.

> Hope that helps!

> Best Regards,
>
> ​Sankhesh Jhaveri​ Research & Development
Engineer
> Kitware, Inc.
> PHONE: (518) 881 4417
> FAX: (518) 371
4573

vtkusers at vtk.org

Subject: [vtkusers]
>> ​​ Problem with Volume rendering inside Qt
application.
>> ​​
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have a problem with
rendering volume in my VTK+ITK+Qt application, which should visualize
DICOM volumetric data in QVTKWidget. But when I create my volume
pipeline firstly (as a non-part of Qt mechanism), and than setup Qt ui
and run RenWin->Render() everything works fine. Unfortunatelly, I want
to setup ui first, let the user choose the file to load and than render
volume. Is it some kind of known issue? I work on Ubuntu 12.04 + VTK 5.8
+ ITK 4.5.

www.kitware.com [1]

http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html [2]

> Please keep
messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ [3]

> Follow this link to
subscribe/unsubscribe:

Kim
Rosenbohm, Barfüßerstr. 7, 37073 Göttingen, 0163/8723172

Links:
------
[1] http://www.kitware.com
[2]