[vtkusers] VTK 6.0.0 / 5.8.0 missing header files Reeb Graphs

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Sep 10 17:39:50 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Darren Roberts <bropesda at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have built VTK with cmake 2.8.11.2 and Visual Studio 2012. All the examples in the wiki athttp://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx can be built and run successfully.
>>
>> The problem occurs when I try to build the test program located at http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob_plain;f=Filters/ReebGraph/Testing/Cxx/TestReebGraph.cxx;hb=HEAD I get missing header file errors. Surely VTK should not have missing files after a build? This also occurs in VTK 5.10.1.
>>
>> I located the missing header files at http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=tree;f=Filters/ReebGraph;hb=HEAD , the files are named;
>>
>> 'vtkReebGraphSimplificationFilter.h'
>> 'vtkReebGraphSurfaceSkeletonFilter.h'
>> 'vtkReebGraphToJoinSplitTreeFilter.h'
>> 'vtkReebGraphVolumeSkeletonFilter.h'
>> 'vtkReebGraphVolumeSkeletonFilter.h'
>>
>> and copied them to the include directory of my VTK installation. Even after this it complains of a missing header file 'vtkFiltersReebGraphModule.h'. I cannot located this file anywhere.
>>
>> Anyone have an idea what is going wrong?
>>
> Are you building against an installed tree? You must ensure the reeb
> graph module is enabled too, in the cmake-gui

Sorry, mail client sent too soon... in the cmake-gui you should tick
advanced and ensure Module_vtkFiltersReebGraph is ticked and that will
build/install that module. The headers are likely missing because the
module is not enabled. The vtkFiltersReebGraphModule.h header is
generated by CMake for the module, and you would need to ensure you
link to the vtkFiltersReebGraph module.

Thanks,

Marcus