[vtkusers] mrml slicer - vtk - itk volume data architecture

Jose Ignacio Prieto joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 10:26:09 EDT 2013

Hi, I am developing an app that (should) load some dicom files, apply itk
filters and visualize them as volume - mask. Pretty standard. I am confused
with vtk-itk pipelines and event  driven interaction, because I want to
create separate objects for every step of the pipe, and being able to go
back to any of them.  I don't worry about memory consumption.Then I was
looking at Slicer's MRML nodes and think that it would be an interesting
approach. I don't know if I can just copy the MRML lib and expect it to
work, or I should try a more simple approach of my own, like to just create
a std::vector of vtk objects and show that list of objects in a GUI list,
creating a callback for every action. I guess this is a common problem.

Thank you very much

--
José Ignacio Prieto
celular(nuevo): 94348182