[vtkusers] Buffered Reading of vti File

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Tue Mar 26 21:12:29 EDT 2013

On 03/26/2013 07:20 PM, Grant McAuley wrote:

> I am new to vtk, and am guessing that what I want to do is not a
> standard vtk use case.

I'm not sure such a thing exists. I always seem to find corner
cases too.

> While the vti files are used for the
> purpose of later visualization (eg, in ParaView) of simulation
> data, what I want to do here is to just get data out of the vti
> to feed into another simulation.

Maybe you can set up your pipeline like :

reader -> clip

where clip is an instance of vtkImageClip :

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageClip.html

and you can clip->SetOutputWholeExtent( x1,x2,y1,y2,z1,z2);
clip->Update(); when your 'other' simulation leaves the previous
extent.