[vtkusers] Different widths for bars in a vtkChart?

CuriousGTime chrisportka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 17:02:31 EDT 2013

I have a histogram I'm making using vtkChart, but it seems like all the bars
for my chart must be the same width.  Is there a way to have varying widths
for the bars?

I define a vtkTable with two columns, the first is the starting x value of
the bar and the second column is the value (y height) of the bar.  I then
call AddPlot(vtkChart::Bar) on my vtkChart and then call SetInput(table, 0,
1) on the resulting vtkPlot.  However, the resulting plot has the bars only
start on the x value with all the same width.  I would like to be able to
specify each individual bar's width.  Is this possible?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!