[vtkusers] map image onto surface

Martin Genet martin.genet at ucsfmedctr.org
Wed Mar 6 22:55:37 EST 2013

Dear VTK users:

I have a (3D) vtkImage that has a black region and a non black one. I
also have a surface (vtkPolyData) that roughly represent the limit
between those two regions. I need to assign to every point of the
surface the value of the closest point of the image that's non zero.

I have been trying to use a vtkProbeFilter, but unfortunately I can't
seem to figure out how to tell him not to use black pixels. Is there a
way to do so, maybe using another filter? More generally, is there a
better way to perform such mapping?

Thanks!

Martin