[vtkusers] X Error: GLXBadDrawable 169

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Tue Mar 5 05:31:36 EST 2013

Hello all

On Linux (Fedora 18, 64 bits) when I create a ctkVTKRenderView and do
something with it
(render its (empty) content or simply put it in a Qt widged) I obtain the
following error message in the console:

X Error: GLXBadDrawable 169
  Extension:    152 (Uknown extension)
  Minor opcode: 11 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x3000010

Also, instead of showing the RenderView inside the Qt widget, the
renderview spawns outside in a separated window.

The code works properly on windows, but when running it in Linux I'm
experiencing those errors

I' really ignore the inner workings of X Windows or opengl below CTK/VTK so
I'm having a hard time trying to know what can be failing.

I had almost no useful help googleing for solutions. Perhaps someone in the
list has dealed with a similar this problem in the past and can give me
some hints.

Many thanks
--
Sergio Vera