[vtkusers] borders and multiple renderers

chasank chasank at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 09:58:06 EDT 2013

Hi,

We need to show borders between renderers. We used vtkBorderWidget for this
purpose, but we could not manage to do it.

                widget = vtkSmartPointer< vtkBorderWidget >::New();
                widget->SetCurrentRenderer(currentRenderer);
                widget->SetInteractor(iren);
                widget->CreateDefaultRepresentation();

                vtkBorderRepresentation * borderRep =
vtkBorderRepresentation::SafeDownCast(widget->GetRepresentation());

borderRep->GetPositionCoordinate()->SetCoordinateSystemToNormalizedViewport();

borderRep->GetPosition2Coordinate()->SetCoordinateSystemToNormalizedViewport();
                borderRep->GetPositionCoordinate()->SetValue(0, 0);
                borderRep->GetPosition2Coordinate()->SetValue(1, 1);
                borderRep->DragableOff();
                borderRep->PickableOff();
                widget->SelectableOff();
                widget->EnabledOn();
                widget->On();

We added 3 renderers to vtkRenderWindow. We can show border for 1st
renderer; but border is not shown for 2nd and 3rd renderers. Could you show
us a way to handle this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Best regards.