[vtkusers] vtkCellPicker not working with vtkGlyph3DMapper

Bob Dean bob.dean at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:49:58 EDT 2013

I recently changed to use vtkGlyph3DMapper from vtkGlyph for the enhanced rendering and orientation support. Now when I click a glyph in the scene, my cell picker returns 0 from GetActor(). The world coordinates from the puck seem correct. Swap back to old rendering and everything is fine. I have verified that the actor is pick able.

Do I need to setup something special to get 3dmapper to be picked?

I am currently calling:
SetSourceConnection(glyphSource->GetOutputPort())
SetUseSelectionIds(true)
SetSelectionIdArray("normals")
SetSourceIndexing(true)

Sent from my iPhone