[vtkusers] vtkTextRenderer can't be instantiated by vtkObjectFactory

Zach Mullen zach.mullen at kitware.com
Tue Jun 18 15:08:18 EDT 2013

Hello,

In my application, I construct a vtkTextActor, which in turn calls
vtkTextRenderer::GetInstance(), which calls
vtkObjectFactory::CreateInstance("vtkTextRenderer") to create a singleton.
However, the vtkObjectFactory fails to create the instance and I see the
"Failed getting the TextRenderer instance!" error message.  My application
links against the vtkRenderingFreeType library.  What else do I have to do
to make the vtkObjectFactory able to construct a vtkTextRenderer?

Thanks,

--
Zach Mullen
R & D Engineer