[vtkusers] VTKData path?

Ruff albin.nilsson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 04:39:19 EDT 2013

Im just now learning VTK and Im going through the examples provided. A few of
them gives me the ".../VTKData/Data/somefile.* not found". Im writing in
python.
Ive tried putting the folder with vtkdata-5.10.1 (which also is the version
of VTK installed) in the VTK root, renaming it VTKData.
Using Ubuntu there's also the option to install it as a package, but then
it's placed in usr/share.
Where is it supposed to go in order for me to be able to run the examples in
the VTK/examples folder?