[vtkusers] Draw points with gaussian fade out

Markus Neuner neuner.markus at gmx.net
Sun Jun 16 05:14:30 EDT 2013

Hi Michka,

You could try to generate volumetric data using Gaussian splats.

There are two solutions to this problem:
  - Create the 3D Gaussian function on the CPU during application
initialization, and create a 3D texture from that.

  - But better and much faster is to compute the Gaussian directly in the
fragment shader.

Have a look at vtkGaussianSplatter it may do what you want.

Regards,
Markus