[vtkusers] how to modify vtkActor2D opacity?

Sebastien sebastien.calvi at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 11:15:30 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm having this issue that I'm not able to change the transparency of my
vtkActor2D...
I have several vtkActor in my pipeline and "1" vtkActor2D, when I modify the
opacity I do it for each actor through classic calls:
this->actor->GetProperty()->SetOpacity( this->actorsOpacity );    // actor =
vtkActor
this->actorIsoLines->GetProperty()->SetOpacity( this->actorsOpacity );    //
actorIsoLines = vtkActor
this->actorIsoLabels->GetProperty()->SetOpacity( this->actorsOpacity );
// actorIsoLabels = vtkActor2D

Is it a bug or is there a reason for that?

How can I apply some transparency to that actor-2D?

Thank you by advance,
Sebastien.