[vtkusers] Fwd: Rotation around the axes origin

Laura Balbastre laura.balbastre.soler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 07:27:45 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm working in 3D grpahs with VTK. Now I have the possibility to rotate
them, but around the center of the image. Like in rotation.bmp.

What I want to achieve is rotating them around the axes's origin and
consequently, maintain always the origin always fixed.

I define the following interactor in the constructor.

public Chart3dCanvas(ChartComposite composite3) {
super();
this.chartComposite = composite3;
 vtkFileOutputWindow output = new vtkFileOutputWindow();
output.SetFileName("vtkerror.txt");
 output.SetInstance(output);

iren.SetInteractorStyle(new vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera());
 iren.GetInteractorStyle().AddObserver("MiddleButtonPressEvent", this,
"middleButtonPressed");
 iren.GetInteractorStyle().AddObserver("MiddleButtonPressEvent", this,
"middleButtonReleased");
 iren.GetInteractorStyle().AddObserver("MouseWheelForwardEvent", this,
"mouseWheelForward");
iren.GetInteractorStyle().AddObserver("MouseWheelBackwardEvent", this,
"mouseWheelBackward");
 this.addMouseWheelListener(this);
}

Any help, please?