[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 18:03:30 EDT 2013

250 MB is not large chunk of memory if your existing data did not not use
more than 1 GB of memory total.
If you have more you may or may not have problems with fragmentation.,
Check how much memory your process is using before reading image, see how
memory grows during execution.
Fact that you run 32 bit process on 64 bit  system should also decrease
probability that fragmentation is a problem since in such case you may get
access up to 4 GB of data instead of 2GB 32 windows is normally limited.

Also You can put such code into separate small executable which would do
just re-slicing in order to exclude
fragmentation.

Alex