[vtkusers] cmake problems gdcm with vtk6

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 17:22:01 EST 2013

Hi Lars,

That macro (VTK_MAKE_INSTANTIATOR3) was included in the root
CMakeLists.txt in VTK 5.x but not 6.0.

You've 2 choices:

1. Set the advanced flag (new in vtk6) VTK_MAKE_INSTANTIATORS and rebuild VTK.

or

2. Include the macro yourself (it's still there in the cmake dir)

Something like

include(${VTK_CMAKE_DIR}/vtkMakeInstantiator.cmake)

at the top of Utilities/VTK/CMakeLists.txt should do it.

I think option 2 is better since option 1 creates Instantiators for
all modules - which you probably don't need.

hth

Goodwin