[vtkusers] Segmented Contours from 3d imagedata

zmanvortex donny.zimmerman at willowpointsoftware.com
Sun Dec 29 12:27:28 EST 2013

After further research it appears using multiple contours with
vtkContourFilter does not function the way I originally thought. I assumed
if I set a contour value, lets say 80.0, that it would only render surfaces
with that scalar value from the image data. It appears that it renders
surfaces for any scalar value equal to or above 80.0. With my scalar range
from 0 to 254.0 it means that a surface is created from scalars of between
80.0 to 254.0 inclusive. Is there another filter that will render an
isosurface for a discrete scalar value?

I have tried vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes but it doesn't give the results I
intended. Here is a screenshot:
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5725164/discrete_marching_cubes.png>