[vtkusers] Bug in vtkQuaternion

Mengda Wu wumengda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 16:14:14 EST 2013

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But for the identity quaternion (1, 0, 0, 0), the axis is indeed (0,0,0).
This is related to GetRotationAngleAndAxis, that function will give a
nozero angle and axis (0,0,0) for the identity quaternion.
Then if I plug this result to SetRotationAngleAndAxis, I will get a
quaternion (0,0,0,0), which does not make sense.
Then if I use ToMatrix3x3 on the quaternion (0,0,0,0), which will be wrong.

So I suggest to change

template<typename T> void
vtkQuaternion<T>::SetRotationAngleAndAxis (const T& angle,
                                           const T& x,
                                           const T& y,
                                           const T& z)
{