[vtkusers] java bindings mouseMoved before vtkPanel being able to pick actors (win32)

Dario Veneziani dario at netfarm.it
Wed Nov 7 05:20:54 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm embeddeding a vtkPanel into a java swing based application.
The parent widget is a JTabbedPane.
My code captures mouseMoved to pick the actor hovered by the mouse pointer.
I've looked a bit in the pick code and vtk asks actor if they need to
render.
The problem is I get mouseMoved even when mouse is not moved
(I've tried an action with a menu using keyboard).
If the render is not done the pick will fail while trying to render
(ChoosePixelFormat)

I've enabled vtk message confirmation and took a stacktrace with process
explorer

vtkRendering.dll!vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow::SetupPixelFormat+0x44d
vtkRendering.dll!vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow::CreateAWindow+0x38a
vtkRendering.dll!vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow::WindowInitialize+0x71
vtkRendering.dll!vtkRenderWindow::DoAARender+0x389
vtkRendering.dll!vtkRenderWindow::Render+0x326
vtkRenderingJava.dll!Java_vtk_vtkLineIntegralConvolution2D_GetMagnificationMinValue_133+0x1f

I've got two different errors but both are related to actor picking, I
may add some code to avoid picking
if the vtkPanel is not ready to pick, but looks like there is no way to
known if I can pick, at least from java

Regards,

Dario