[vtkusers] Set an order to vtkActor rendering

jimmigoo jimmigoo at gmail.com
Fri May 25 04:49:49 EDT 2012

Hi everybody!

I would like to know if there is one or more methods in any vtk class,
that allow you to set a kind of ORDER to vtkActors to be rendered.
I'll try to explain my problem with the attached image below.

I have two vtkImageData (the red is the front one, the green is the back one
),
with the same FieldData array inside them, and each scalar value is the same
in both vtkImageData.

When I apply my pipeline, using vtkThreshold and vtkScalarWarp filters,
it seems that VTK rendering doesn't recognize which actor has to be rendered
as first,
and the graphic result is a sort of multiple cut of the first image,
maybe because VTK recognizes both vtkActors at the same elevation value,
and doesn't know which one has to be represented.

I found a method named BackfaceRender in vtkProperty class,
I tried using

vtkSecondActor->BackFaceRender(vtkFirstActor, vtkRenderer),

but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know this problem?
I really appreciate any kind of comments or suggest,
I'm looking for your reply,

Regards,

Francesco
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5713391/overlay.png