[vtkusers] help with vtkmarchingsquares

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:02:28 EDT 2012

There is no example of vtkMarchingSquares on the wiki - it would be great
if you could add one once you get this working!

> this part is wrong viewer->SetInput(contour->GetOutput() );  why what I
> have
> to put instead??
>  can not convert parameter 1 from 'vtkPolyData *' to 'vtkImageData *'

That error means that you have read the file as a vtkPolyData, but the
filter is expecting a vtkImageData. It doesn't generally make sense to
convert a vtkPolyData (unstructured points and polygons) to a vtkImageData
(a grid of values). I'm not sure what you're doing to read the file, but
you might try something like this:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ReadDICOM

David