[vtkusers] DICOM images

David Clunie dclunie at dclunie.com
Tue Jun 12 17:33:35 EDT 2012

By the way Jochen, these sample files that you mention, at:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/File:VTK_Examples_StandardFormats_Input_DicomTestImages.zip

are actually illegally formed.

The meta-information header is missing a bunch of required attributes,
specifically:

Error - Missing attribute Type 1 Required Element=<FileMetaInformationGroupLength> Module=<FileMetaInformation>
Error - Missing attribute Type 1 Required Element=<FileMetaInformationVersion> Module=<FileMetaInformation>
Error - Missing attribute Type 1 Required Element=<MediaStorageSOPInstanceUID> Module=<FileMetaInformation>
Error - Missing attribute Type 1 Required Element=<ImplementationClassUID> Module=<FileMetaInformation>

I mention this, since if some applications or libraries fail to
parse or load these, it may be for this reason.

Also, whatever tool created these needs to be fixed.

David