[vtkusers] what's the difference between actor 's position and sphere 's center ?

fearhope fearhope at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:35:30 EDT 2012

Thanks Jana and Jochen,

sorry for making you confused.

I meant... at first, I didn't erase vtkSphereSource object before passing it
to actor.
after passing it to actor, I save only the actor to a global memory set.
then vtkSphereSource object is erased automatically. because it is a local
variable.
thus, I thought that I could get the SphereSource object again from the
actor.
however, I realize that it's not easy.

of course, actor->SetPosition is a good option. fast and easy. however, if
possible, I wanted to find vtkSphereSource object somewhere in actor's
memory reversely by using actor's function or mapper's function.

if so, this is applicable to vtkLineSource too. in case of vtkLineSource,
it's not an issue of position but an issue of vertices. so, in case we need
to change the two end points of a line, how to get the vtkLineSource object
reversely from the actor will be a natural question. that's the reason I'm
looking for the solution.

I have no experience vtk programming either. I have started also only a week
ago.  anyway, IMHO, I think vtk is not intuitive enough