[vtkusers] TextAnalysis move

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Thu Jan 26 14:27:36 EST 2012

As we are working on a new modularized VTK, we are also attempting to clean
some things out of VTK that we think belong elsewhere. One of these changes
is to move the code that is currently in VTK/TextAnalysis to the Titan
toolkit (titan.sandia.gov). Titan is maintained by Sandia National Labs and
Kitware, and has the same BSD licensing as VTK, so anyone using this code
will be able to migrate to using Titan. We feel this is the best option as
Titan is becoming the place for VTK extensions for text analysis (among
other things). We expect TextAnalysis to disappear from VTK when VTK 6.0
comes out (perhaps late February). If I don't hear any shouts, I'll assume
this is ok with folks.

Thanks,
Jeff