[vtkusers] VtkUnstructuredGrid SetOpacity

Bhanu Hariharan bhanu at petrotel.com
Thu Jan 26 10:56:23 EST 2012

Thanks David. I have a few more questions in this regard before I make
changes to my approach.

1.  How do I tell if my graphics card supports Depth peeling. Would Depth
Peeling render it blueish green?

2. I tried vtkDepthSortPolyData but it needs vtkPolyData as input. I was
wondering if VtkUnstructuredGrid can be used for vtkDepthSortPolyData or is
there any other equivalent of vtkDepthSortPolyData for VtkUnstructuredGrid
that would render according to depth correctly.

3. If I replaced all my code and do Volume rendering, do I still need to
use vtkDepthSortPolyData?

4. I found VtkUnstructuredGrid  to be slow in rendering for large datasets
thats why I was rendering only the outer surfaces.
Is volume rendering better than VtkUnstructuredGrid  for rendering in terms
of speed.
Are there any C++ examples for Volume rendering that will help me get
started.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Thanks for your help.
Bhanu