[vtkusers] OpenJDK 7 Mac OS X and VTK

Marco Sambin m.sambin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:48:34 EST 2012

Hi all.

I've just taken a quick look at the following web page, outlining the
status of the Mac OS X port of Open JDK 7:

https://wikis.oracle.com/display/OpenJDK/Mac+OS+X+Port+Project+Status

I focused on the following section and sentences:

==============
[...]
Non-Features
These features will not be ported to OpenJDK from the Apple Java SE 6 port:

[...]
*  NSView-based JAWT embedding
   - CALayer embedding instead
[...]

Will this affect VTK Java rendering on Mac OS X in the future? Is VTK
currently using NSView-based JAWT embedding for rendering from Java
apps on Mac OS X? Are there plans in this regard?

Thanks for your comments and best regards,

Marco Sambin