[vtkusers] vtkTextActor Width Issue With Arial and Times Fonts

Joseph Melnyk JMelnyk at pile.com
Tue Jan 17 10:25:18 EST 2012

I'm seeing an issue with vtkTextActor when I use the default font (Arial) or the Times font where the right-hand side of the actor appears to be cut; as if the rectangle its rendered into is too small.  Also, that if I rotate the text 90 degrees, it will then cut off the *top* of the text (so the right-hand side of the text itself is still being cut).  It also doesn't do it with all text.

I'm not using any sort of scaling mode or anything fancy for these vtkTextActors; I'm simply creating a new instance and assigning it an input and position.  I've tried changing the actor size, font size, font scaling, etc; none will alleviate this issue.  The only thing that works is changing the font type to Courier.

Please see attached images.  Note that in the images, each of the numbers shown is a separate vtkTextActor.

__Scanned by MessageLabs