[vtkusers] Specify image subregion on which vtkImageMarchingCubes operates?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Fri Feb 24 11:35:45 EST 2012

Hi all,

I've looked at the VTK documentation and wiki examples, but couldn't
find an example of what I want to do.

I'd like to generate an isocontour from a subregion of an image. I
could use a vtkExtractVOI to extract the subregion of interest, but
I'd like to avoid copying the image data. Is there a way to specify
the extent on which the vtkImageMarchingCubes filter operates on its
input?

If there is an alternative that saves memory, I'd be happy to hear that as well.

Thanks in advance,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen