[vtkusers] How to Install Q4VTKWidgetPlugin for QT Creator

Ahmad falahatpisheh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:10:27 EST 2012

Hi All,

Does anyone know how Q4VTKWidgetPlugin (.cxx and .h) can be installed in QT
Creator so that QVTKWidget can be inserted from the toolbox in QT Creator?
The source and header files are in GUISupport\Qt folder in VTK. I am using
QT4.8.0, VTK 5.8.0, and Visual Studio 2008.

The reason I want to install this plugin is that even when I /promote
/QWidget to QVTKWidget in QT Creator, I will get the build error:
"c:\qt projects\recongui\ui_mainwindow.h:27: error: C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'qvtkwidget.h': No such file or directory".
I thought installing that plugin may resolve this problem.

Thanks,
Ahmad