[vtkusers] SetRepresentationToPoints and picking the points

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:37:36 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Doug Hoppes <dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com>wrote:

> Hi all,****
>
> ** **
>
>                 Hopefully this is a simple question.  I have an image that
> I represent on the screen as points (using SetRepresentationToPoints()).  I
> would like the user to be able to select one of those points.  I was
> thinking that I could use the vtkPointPicker, but nothing seems to be ever
> selected. ****
>
> ** **
>
>                 Any idea what class/example would do the trick?****
>
> ** **
>
> Doug

If you have a 2D image, you can pick directly on the image without having
to represent it as points:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Images/PickingAPixel
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Images/PickingAPixel2

Otherwise I think you'll want something like this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Interaction/PointPicker

David