[vtkusers] Cursors on VTK charts

Mark Perrego mark.perrego at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:02:15 EST 2012

Hello,

I am currently evaluating VTK for some charting and possible
visualization work.  From what I've read here the Charts API is the
recommended API for doing this work.  Does the Charts API support
cursors (vtkCursor2D or otherwise)?  My attempts to combine the
example programs has failed, but there is a strong chance that this is
due to my lack of understanding.  There does seem to be a bit of a
split between the charts and the rest of VTK in the sense that
vtkChart does not derive from vtkProp or vtkActor, so I am concerned
that the standard VTK cursors will not work with the Charts API.

Thank you,
 - Mark