[vtkusers] vtkImageStack and masking

Simon Drouin drouin.simon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:37:06 EST 2012

Hi All,

Is it possible to define a mask for a vtkImageStack so that every slice in
the stack will appear transparent outside the mask?

Seems like it is only possible to "occlude" some parts of a slice by
overlaying another slice that contains the mask. But the masked areas are
still opaque.

I understand that for the masking technique I'm suggesting to work, I would
need to be able to use some kind of multi-pass technique in order to mask
the images in a temporary color buffer before writing to the main
framebuffer. Is there any way to do that with vtk?

s.