[vtkusers] Example VTK with Qt

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:47:22 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Agata Krasoń <agatakrason at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I have one more question to You a propos de qt:
> I created qui (I send You screen).
> I made 2 slots openFile() and saveFile()
>
> I can't call well all  in constructor.
>
> For the moment Could You look at this code ?
> Principally on constructor : I think that it is something wrong with it..

Never ever do anything related to display with VTK in the constructor
of the widget.

I made a brief example of implementing the showEvent function, which
is where you should do this sort of thing:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Qt/ShowEvent

The idea is that the QVTKWidget may not be totally finished being
setup until the widget's constructor finishes, but this function gets
called immediately after the constructor finishes.

David