[vtkusers] EdgeVisibilityOn Bug?

tdexplorer meilizhuti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:11:58 EDT 2012

I am trying to display both surfaces and edeges, just as ParaView does. As
shown in the code below, when I use
"actor.GetProperty().EdgeVisibilityOn()", nothing is shown. If I comment it
out, everything is ok.  Is this a bug of VTK or something related to the
mapper?  I tried vtkPolyDataMapper, same thing...

        mapper = vtk.vtkDataSetMapper()
        mapper.SetInputConnection(geometry.GetOutputPort())

        actor = vtk.vtkActor()
        actor.SetMapper(mapper)
        actor.GetProperty().SetRepresentationToSurface()
        actor.SetScale(1,  1,  10)
        actor.GetProperty().SetEdgeColor(1.0, 1,  1)
        actor.GetProperty().EdgeVisibilityOn()     # comment this,
everything is ok