[vtkusers] Reading 2 or more attributes per grid point onto uniform rectilinear grid.

Gaurish Telang gaurish108 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:19:27 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have a uniform rectangular grid on a cubical bounding box with N points
 placed along each dimension.  For each of the N^3 grid points I have 2 or
more attributes like pressure, density.
MY vtk file for the simple case of the box [0,2]x[0,2]x[0,2] with spacing 1
(=> 8 grid points) is as follows.

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
Test file.
ASCII

DATASET STRUCTURED_POINTS
DIMENSIONS    2    2   2
ORIGIN    0.000   0.000   0.000
SPACING    1.000   1.000   4.000

POINT_DATA   8
SCALARS density float
LOOKUP_TABLE default

1.2   2.3  3.3  4.5
5.4   6.6  7.7  8.8

POINT_DATA   8
SCALARS pressure float
LOOKUP_TABLE default

1.2  3.4  5.6  7.8
5.6  7.8  8.9  1.2

The part related to the pressure is not  being accepted by the Paraview
software. I get the following error

ERROR: In
/home/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/ParaView-master/source/VTK/IO/vtkDataReader.cxx,
line 915

vtkStructuredPointsReader (0xa698438): Unsupported point attribute type:
point_data for file:
/home/gaurish108/Desktop/TongfeiFileReadPRactice/test.vtk

However the density information is being accepted and read by Paraview.
Being new to VTK file format I think I am not writing the pressure
information correctly.

Please let me know how to rectify this.

Thank you!

Gaurish Telang