[vtkusers] Extracting edges by using mouse

chytu chyt_n_ya at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 02:43:40 EST 2011

Hi David,

I am actually looking for something which does the opposite of
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/CombinePolydata
CombinePolyData . I select a part of a polyData mesh with my mouse, and I
get the original mesh separated into two new polydata meshes - selected and
non-selected.

I looked at selecting "points" using example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Picking/HighlightSelectedPoints
VTK/Examples/Cxx/Picking/HighlightSelectedPoints  but I want the edges in
the mesh to be retained too..

Are there any functions to do this (divide a polydata mesh into two by mouse
selection (rubberband pick, in specific)?

Thanks,
Chytu.