[vtkusers] how to access/filter only intersected 'cells' from a vtkClipDataSet

HamidG listboss at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:46:45 EST 2011

Hi

I am trying to visualize the cross-section of a clipped tetrahedral mesh.

My goal is to display the actual tetrahedrons that have been intersected and
clipped.
I know I can show the cross-section of clipped tetrahedrons as shown here:

http://cl.ly/0U1h0e3K0X101v0h1200

but as you might agree it looks 'ugly' as all the convoluted cross-section
lines are displayed.
So is there a way to retrieve information about the cells that were actually
clipped ?

I know I can use clip.GetClippedOutput() but that shows
the entire clipped dataset rather than cells that were intersected

thanks in advance,