[vtkusers] VTK compilation on 64-bits Windows 7

rakesh patil prakeshofficial at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:04:07 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

I want to compile VTK in 64-bit mode to work on 64-bit version of Windows
7. I used CMake and configured and built the source. I was able to produce
lib and dlls without any error. But when I linked these libraries with my
application, then I observed that 200MB data doesn't gets loaded (which
gets loaded with 32-bit mode of VTK libs). vtkDoubleArray gives "cannot
allocate" error. It seems to me like the compilation which I did is
incorrect.

So firstly I want to know what is the prescribed way to compile VTK on
64bit windows 7 with visual studio 2010 professional version?

Secondly, is there any tweaking required to allow large memory support
(either in CMake or in Visual Studio)?

Thanks

Regards
Rakesh Patil