[vtkusers] Crashes in Java wrapped vtk on linux because of xcb problems

Clemens Müthing clemens.muething at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Nov 29 08:22:50 EST 2011

Hi Seb,

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:55:47 +0100, Sebastien Jourdain
<sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Clemens,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> What I thought could solved the issue was to call Delete before the
> disposal of the frame, which unfortunately you did with no success.
> Right now, I don't have much idea, but I will follow that subject with
> interest.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seb
>
> PS: Just for another test, can you try to keep a reference to your
> vtkRenderWindowPanel so it won't get garbage collected ? But keep the
> Delete() call.

I too had this idea and tried it already, but to no avail. I could even
verify that reference by Swing was not destroyed, as the reference count
of the vtkRenderWindowPanel stayed constantly at two (one by swing, one by
me) when I tried this out.

Best regards

Clemens