[vtkusers] vtkPolyData polys insertlocation problem

Sungmin Hong sungmin.hong85 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:19:29 EST 2011

Dear users,

I currently have a problem with vtkPolyData and its polys.

After I performed ICPTransform, I saved my vtkPolyData with vtkXMLPolyDataWriter.

When I saved it, the polydata has approximately 8000 cells and 32000 insertlocations in it.

But when I read it with vtkXMLPolyDataReader, the insertlocation of the loaded polydata is 0.

Can it be a problem if I wanted to use it some ways?

My final goal is voxelizing vtkPolyData, which is a triangular mesh, to a binary volume( i.e., 1 for inside of the mesh and 0 for outside of the mesh ).

I have tried to use vtkVoxelizePolyData and vtkPolyDataToImageStencil,

but I still haven’t got luck yet.

Can this 0 insertlocation be a problem of voxelization?

Thank you in advance for all replies.

Sungmin