[vtkusers] How to set camera position when interacting with Oblique Slice

Giovanni Strano gio.strano at libero.it
Fri Nov 25 10:46:09 EST 2011

Hi,
I'm working on a project in Java concerning the creation of oblique slices of
a set of DICOM images but I have a problem with the camera settings.

I have a slice representing the Sagittal view. I can rotate it toward the
coronal slice  (left-right rotation), in this case Azimuth is the only
parameter I have to change to have a frontal view of the slice (Azimuth set  at
the value of the rotation angle).
The problem occurs when I decide to rotate the same view towards the
transversal plane (up-down). In this case I decided to change the Elevation
parameter to have the image always in front of the camera, but it works only
for angles smaller than 90°. For biggest one the program show a different
image, like the camera was set at the opposite side compared to the position I
chose.

English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Giovanni

More information: I’m working on windows 7 and I’m using the VTK version
hosted by Git.