[vtkusers] how to connect a vtkDataSet to the input connection of a vtkAlgorithm?

andreas buykx A.Buykx at tnodiana.com
Wed Nov 23 10:46:28 EST 2011

That seems to be exactly what I need. I was already thinking of using
vtkProgrammableSource, but this is even easier.

The only worry I have is that  vtkDataObject which implements the method
uses a vtkTrivialProducer. I have tried before to use vtkTrivialProducer as
source with an unstructured grid as attached output object, and various
algorithms deriving from vtkDataSetAlgorithm, vtkUnstructuredGridAlgorithm
etc. produced error messages about not being able to work with a
vtkDataObject, instead of producing the expected output.