[vtkusers] interactive xy plot widget

Sean Larkin sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com
Wed Nov 16 11:43:48 EST 2011

Hello,

I am looking for a widget like that found in VolView that allows the user to
manually adjust points on an XY plot to adjust opacity settings.  Basically
it is an xy plot of histogram values with a line overlaid with three points
on it.  The two end points can be moved around on the graph(by the user with
the mouse) in the x and y directions.  The third point is in between these
two end points and can be moved along the x direction.  From these points,
and corresponding line, a transfer function is derived for volume opacity.
I'm wondering if this is written in vtk, itk, or some other toolkit, and if
it is freely available.  If not, could someone give me a good place to start
for developing something like this?  It should be a user control that could
be placed on a form or window, rather than something displayed in a
vtkRenderWindow.  Can I use vtkMutableDirectedGraph?

Thanks,

Sean