[vtkusers] Recipe for building VTK-5.6.1 with C++ Builder XE (bcc32 6.31)

Gustavo Longhin longhin at simworx.com.br
Wed Nov 16 11:21:18 EST 2011

Hi Jon,

     Welcome, good to know there's three of us now :-) So I wonder
you've read my problem in the previous messages as described it to
Oliver ? Can you somehow help me on that ?
     Oliver an I kind of concluded that running VTK render window
(Oliver, I've totally removed the vtkBorlandRenderWindow from the
application, pure VTK now and problem persists) on an application built
with Embarcadero (for both 5.6.1 and 5.8.0) in case that application is
some sort of MDI (Multi-Document) that application is totally unstable,
we've (at least I) noticed frequent Access Violation problems. You can
see on the messages that Oliver had that same problem while working with
Docking functionalities and so on.
     The thing is that I've been trying to solve this for weeks now with
no success, I've thought about moving from VTK to something else (which
I don't exactly know) but VTK capabilities are unbeatable (at least for
me) and the final release date for the application is getting closer and
closer ... :-(
     So, in case you can contribute with your experience regarding my
problem I appreciate.
     Thanks a lot, best regards.

Gustavo.

--