[vtkusers] Convert vtkUnstructuredGrid to vtkPolyData

mandalin mandalin147 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 15:32:07 EST 2011

Well... While the polygons themselves are 2D, they consist of interconnected
3D points. I am using a vtkUnstructuredGrid simply because that is what I
have used successfully in other portions of my code. I have tried inputting
as vtkPolyData directly, and while it compiles am not able to render without
error (see most recent post).

I currently have a faceted geometry, composed of polygons (think terrain and
buildings) that I have visualized accurately using vtkUnstructredGrid.

My current aim is to be able to remesh them, I suppose using
InterpolateTerrain or a probing function.
Another option is to come up with an analytical surface contour that can be
re-sampled.

VTK seems to offer API to do this, but at this point I am considering
reinventing the wheel. Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Amanda