[vtkusers] About vtkPCAStatistics::GetEigenvectors()

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 09:20:09 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Wenlong Wang <scc.wwl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I've tested the class with an irregular cube. It turns out that the
> eigenvectors are returned in the order of eigenvalues, from big to small.
>
> Another thing I'm wondering is, is there a detailed manual besides the
> textbooks published by Ktware?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Wenlong

I pushed a small documentation addition to Gerrit - would this have
clarified it for you?

http://review.source.kitware.com/#patch,sidebyside,3290,2,Infovis/vtkPCAStatistics.h

Also, there are no manuals. Writing a manual for such a fast changing
library is very hard. Instead we must depend on keeping the documentation
updated, as we are doing here. Additionally, examples are key. Please
add/modify examples on the wiki: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx if
you find something that is missing or unclear.

David