[vtkusers] Stereoscopic Rendering With Render Passes

Dirk Fortmeier fortmeier at imi.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Nov 10 11:23:11 EST 2011

Hi everybody!

since we are using render passes for rendering our scene, there seem to
be a problem with stereoscopic rendering.

The following codes sets up the rendering with rendering passes:

   // setup default render pass pipeline
   // The elementary passes.
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkLightsPass> pass_lights =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkLightsPass>::New();
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkDefaultPass> pass_default =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkDefaultPass>::New();

   // Put them in a sequence.
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderPassCollection> passes =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderPassCollection>::New();
   passes->AddItem( pass_lights );
   passes->AddItem( pass_default );

   vtkSmartPointer<vtkSequencePass> seq =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkSequencePass>::New();
   seq->SetPasses( passes );

   // Make the sequence the delegate of a camera pass.
   m_cameraP = vtkSmartPointer<vtkCameraPass>::New();
   m_cameraP->SetDelegatePass( seq );

   // The main pass is camera pass, attach it to the renderer
   setRenderPass( m_cameraP );

Both for Crystal Eyes and RedBlue stereoscopic rendering it seems as if
there is the same camera settings (no seperation for left and right eye,
for RedBlue everything is magenta(red and blue combined) are used.

Is this a known issue or do i miss something?

Cheers,

Dirk

--
Dirk Fortmeier<fortmeier at imi.uni-luebeck.de>, PhD Student

Institute of Medical Informatics
Graduate School for Computing in Medicine and Life Sciences
University of Lübeck

Building 64, 2F, Room 4
Ratzeburger Allee 160
23538 Lübeck