[vtkusers] Volume rendering not visible (vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D)

Sean Larkin sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com
Mon Nov 7 10:27:04 EST 2011

I've seen this phenomenon as well.  It might have something to do with the
opacity.  When I see this it's almost like the texture mapper is clipping
the intensity values, so that values below "x" are set to zero.  I also seem
to remember that the texture mapper has few bits of precision than
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper, i.e. only 16, rather than 32 bits.  I've adjusted
the contrast through a lookup table and adjusted the opacity when this
problem occurs, which yields a visible still image.  But when I do this I
notice that the number of gray levels in the image is small, so the image
has a lot of flat regions where it should not.  Has anyone else seen this?

Bryn, it looks like you're using Activiz.NET.  Is this correct?  If so,
where did you get the v5.8.0 build?

Sean