[vtkusers] Camera settings with DICOm images

Jothybasu Selvaraj jothybasu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:30:45 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to view diaplay axial, sagittal and coronal images with VTK
(images read with FileLowerLeftOn). I am using the camera viewUp vector
along with the focal point and camera position to properly orient the
images.

For axial images,

I use

this->axialRenderer->GetActiveCamera()->SetViewUp(0,-1,0);
 this->axialRenderer->GetActiveCamera()->SetFocalPoint(0,0,0);
 this->axialRenderer->GetActiveCamera()->SetPosition(0,0,0);

this->axialRenderer->GetActiveCamera()->SetParallelScale(1.0);

this->axialRenderer->GetActiveCamera()->ParallelProjectionOn();

The orientation of the images is fine, but it appears too much zoomed in.
I had to manually zoom out to view the entire image.

Am I missing naything else here?

Thanks

Jothy

--