[vtkusers] Error occurs when reading series of DICOM slices data

FanShanShan shanfshan at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:54:48 EDT 2011

Hello,   According to the examples of Medical1 which is provided by VTK itself, I changes some codes to let it read serial DICOM slices and display a 3D volume. I download some DICOM data and the program works, all seem good, but when I download a 4D Cardiac CT DICOM data from http://pubimage.hcuge.ch:8080/ which is provided by OSIRIX, error occurs. The 4D data package includes 10 folders and each folder has 76 pieces of DICOM pictures. I guess the pictures in each folder can constitute a volume. so I try to display it, but when I run it, it says that:
ERROR: In ..\..\vtk\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line 346vtkDICOMImageReader (03F8B968): There was a problem retrieving data from: E:/Data/Cardiacque_t0/IM-0001-0001.dcm
the 4D Cardiac CT is described as below:Alias Name: MAGIXModality: CT 64File Size: 69 MB Description: 4D Cardiac CT.All these DICOM files are encoded in JPEG2000 transfer syntax. These images are best viewed with OsiriX image navigation software !
I don't know why the error happens, because the program works using other 3D data. Does it have something to do with the 4D Data or something else?

RegardsSally